Create your own unique set of lino printed badges or fridge magnets with artist and printmaker, Jamie Temple
In this workshop you'll be introduced to lino printing and play with shape and colour to produce your very own set of individual pin badges or fridge magnets.
You'll learn how to use different cutting tools and techniques to carve out a design from a block of lino before inking up, transferring to paper and then using a badge maker to turn your prints into badges or magnets.
Joining Jamie on this workshop is fellow artist and printmaker Helen Ashton, who will be on-hand to help out and guide you through the printing and badge making process.
- All materials are provided
- No experience required
- Workshop duration: 2 hours
- Maximum capacity: 15
- Please consider what you might like to print prior to the workshop, to allow maximum time for cutting and printing.
- This workshop has an age restriction of 16+. Participants below the age of 15 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Please note: Participants will be using water based inks and will be provided with aprons for the workshops. We recommend participants wear appropriate clothing as a precaution.
You might also like
The Barbican Shop is located over two levels on Level G at the bottom of the Silk Street entrance ramp, opposite The Curve gallery, or can be accessed from Level -1.
Silk Street, London
The Barbican is widely accessible by bus, tube, train and by foot or bicycle. Plan your journey and find more route information in ‘Your Visit’ or book your car parking space in advance.