Discounts and offers
Members stay in the know and get the Guide posted to them every month. Or if they prefer, they can join our Green Guide list and have an electronic copy emailed instead.
If you're a member and would like to join the Green Guide list, or if you're having trouble with Guide mailings, please email [email protected].
You can also access an electronic copy of the Guide below.
Members get 15% off in our shop
Below are a list of our frequently asked questions and terms and conditions. If there's something we've missed or forgotten drop us a line at [email protected] and we'll be happy to help.
If you've recently joined membership, please allow 14 days for your membership card and welcome pack to arrive in the post. In the meantime, you can make use of all your benefits right away, simply quote your membership number when booking over the phone or in person, and ensure you are logged into your membership account when booking online and your benefits will be automatically applied. You can get a temporary card at the Tickets and Information Desk to make use of benefits in the Centre like discounts in the Shop and Restaurants or to gain entry to the Members’ Lounge.
Please be assured that you do not need to wait for your card to arrive to book tickets. You can use your benefits anytime by quoting your membership number when booking over the phone or in person, and ensuring you are logged into your membership account when booking online and your benefits will be automatically applied. You can get a temporary card at the Tickets and Information Desk to make use of benefits in the Centre like discounts in the Shop and Restaurants or to gain entry to the Members’ Lounge.
When you join Barbican Membership, you’ll start receiving a weekly roundup of on-sale dates, priority booking details, special offers and discounted ticket news. Please make sure you are fully opted in to receive emails. You can opt in or out at anytime by logging into your online account and updating your preferences.
Please log in using the email address attached to your membership and then click the ‘I don’t know my password’ link. This will send a reset link to your inbox and then you should be able to log in.
If you continue to have issues logging in, please get in touch with us on [email protected] and we will look into it further. In the meantime, if you would like to book tickets please call the box office on 020 7638 8891 or visit the Tickets and Information Desk in the Centre.
If you purchased your membership via Direct Debit, a legacy payment method available for new members until 29 January 2020, your membership will renew automatically each year, and will continue to do so until you inform us to stop or instruct your bank to cancel your Direct Debit mandate.
If you purchased your membership with a one-off payment, another legacy payment available to new members until 2 February 2020, you can renew online, call the Box Office on 020 7638 8891 or visit the Tickets and Information Desk at any time. If you decide to renew following 4 February 2020, it will be set up as an automatically renewing membership.
All memberships purchased from 4 February will automatically renew unless the automatic renewal is cancelled (online in the members’ area, over the phone by calling Box Office on 020 7638 8891 or by visiting the Tickets and Information Desk) or there is a payment failure.
Please see the T&Cs section for more information on autorenewing memberships.
Up until eight weeks before the expiry of your current membership, you can upgrade your membership online, over the phone or at the Tickets and Information Desk and your new upgraded membership will be active for the remainder of your current membership period. You will be charged a one-off upgrade payment for the difference in price. If you upgrade within the last eight weeks of your current membership period, you will be charged the total new membership fee and your new membership will begin when your current one expires.
All upgrades processed from 4 February will be as autorenewing memberships. It will not be possible to upgrade and remain on the Direct Debit or one-off payment types.
We don’t currently offer joint membership, however many of our benefits extend to your guest; entry to our members-only bar, discounts on cinema tickets and other selected events, access to members’ events and special offers in our restaurants and bars. Membership Plus offers a good option if you’d like to treat your guests to a little bit more, as they’ll also receive free entry to our exhibitions and you can bring in up to three guests at our Members’ Lounge. Please note, any benefits available to guests can only be redeemed when the named Member is present, so if you think you’ll want to visit separately, two individual memberships will suit you better.
If you would like to purchase Membership as a gift, you can do so online by following the links to ‘Gift Membership’, by calling the box office on 020 7638 8891 or visiting the Ticket and Information Desk in the Centre.
You will be prompted to provide the gift recipient’s details. You can choose whether to have the Gift Membership voucher sent to you or to the recipient on a chosen date. The voucher includes details on how to activate the membership. The recipient then activates the membership themselves online, by calling Box Office or at the Ticket and Information Desk. The membership pack will arrive within 14 days following activation.
If purchasing Gift Membership at the Ticket and Information Desk you will have the option to print the voucher and have it inserted into a Membership Pack which you will take with you following the purchase. When these Gift Memberships are activated, only a Membership card is sent as they will already have their pack (given to them by you). If you won’t be able to see the recipient ahead of the date, your best option is to send them the voucher over email.
The recipient has 12 months to use the voucher from the date it is sent to the donor or recipient, or printed out at the TID.
1. All memberships bought from 4 February 2020 will automatically renew the day after the expiry date of the current Membership, unless there is a payment failure. This is explained in the purchase journey and a number of communications from the Membership Team throughout the life of the membership. The automatic renewal can be cancelled online in the members’ area, over the phone by calling Box Office on 020 7638 8891 or by visiting the Tickets and Information Desk until the last day of the current Membership period (the expiry date). The autorenewed membership cannot be retrospectively cancelled and refunded once the membership has rolled over.
All single payment memberships bought up until 3 Feburary 2020 will run their full membership year and will not automatically renew. If you decide to renew following 3 February 2020, it will be set up as an automatically renewing membership.
All existing Direct Debit memberships will continue to be serviced as usual and will continue to renew automatically each year until you inform us to stop or instruct your bank to cancel your Direct Debit mandate. It will no longer be possible to upgrade or downgrade on Direct Debit, instead you will be invited to upgrade or downgrade via our new autorenewal option. If you cancel your Direct Debit membership you will not be able to rejoin on Direct Debit at a later date.
2. Discounted membership tickets are limited in number and subject to availability.
3. Any tickets discounted as part of the scheme are limited to two tickets per event, and are solely for the use of the named member plus one guest. Any further tickets must be purchased at the standard price, up to a total of six tickets per event during priority booking and up to a total of nine at any other time. Further restrictions may apply on selected events, see individual event pages for details. Membership does not guarantee access to tickets in the case that available tickets are sold out.
4. Free tickets to the Art Gallery are limited to one per member per day for Membership and two per member per day for Membership Plus. A valid membership card or temporary membership card must be shown on entry.
5. Members can book a total of two tickets to Members' Events, one for themselves and one for a Guest. If any extra tickets are purchased, they may be returned. For any benefits that extend to a guest, such as places at Member only events, discounted tickets, entrance to the Lounge or free gallery entry for Membership Plus, the named Member must be present.
6. Not all performances at the Barbican are eligible for a membership discount or priority booking.
7. If collecting tickets that have a membership discount/free benefit applied, a valid membership card must be presented together with any credit/debit card that may have been used for the booking. The Box Office can print off temporary proof of membership if the card is lost or stolen, or if the membership card has not yet arrived.
8. The Barbican reserves the right to amend or withdraw any benefits or discounted tickets at any time.
9. The Barbican has the right to cancel a membership without refund if the terms and conditions of membership and/or conditions of sale of event tickets are broken.
10. Membership is non-refundable and non-transferable. We do not offer pro-rota refunds.
11. The Barbican Centre processes personal data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018. For full details of how and why the Barbican Centre processes personal data, please refer to our full privacy notice.
12. To take advantage of special offers in the restaurants you must present a valid membership card or temporary membership card at time of payment. Retail discount applies to selected products and members' purchased items only.
13. Membership does not guarantee access to the Members' Lounge in the case of the room capacity being reached.
14. Every week we send a Members' email detailing priority booking, event onsales, competitions and member events. If you've ever opted out of receiving communications from the Barbican, we won't be able to contact you. Please check you’re opted in so you don’t miss out - this can be done by logging in and clicking the preferences tab. If you're still not receiving emails, please email us on [email protected] immediately and we will rectify this as soon as possible.