Discounts and offers
Members get 15% off in our Shop
You can access your digital Membership card any time by logging into your online membership area. Your physical card will arrive within four weeks of your Membership start date, unless you've opted out. If you haven't received your card or need a replacement, just send an email to [email protected].
Membership packs and cards for memberships bought or renewed after 5 December may take up to six weeks to arrive owing to the Christmas break and cut offs. If you joined or renewed after 5 December please don't contact us about your membership card until mid-January. Thanks for your patience.
Members receive regular email updates from us with the latest news from the Barbican, priority booking information for upcoming shows, new members’ events and special offers. We really don’t want you to miss out, but if you're not set up to receive communications from the Barbican, we can’t contact you. It's very easy to miss signing up to our emails when creating an online account, or to accidentally unsubscribe, so it’s worth checking your preferences on our website to make sure you’re opted in.
If you're opted in but aren’t receiving our emails, you can contact us on [email protected] and we'll get it sorted for you as soon as we can.
To log in to your membership account please use the email address linked to your membership. If you're not sure of your password, please click the 'Reset my password' link and enter your email address. This will send a link to your inbox where you can set your password and then you should be able to log in.
If you're having issues logging in, please get in touch with us on [email protected] and we'll look into it further.
Your membership will automatically renew each year unless you cancel the autorenewal or there's a payment failure. We'll send a reminder before your membership renews and you can cancel automatic renewal by emailing [email protected] anytime before your Membership expiry date.
Or you, can renew online. If you're still a member when you renew this way, make sure you renew at the same Membership level, otherwise the new Membership will start straight away.
If you pay for your Membership by Direct Debit it will renew automatically each year unless you ask us or your bank to cancel your Direct Debit mandate.
If you’d like to upgrade your Membership, please email [email protected]. Please do not try and upgrade online as this will not work.
If you have more than eight weeks before expiry, you'll be charged a one-off upgrade payment for the difference in price and the new upgraded membership will be active for the remainder of your current membership period.
If you have less than eight weeks before the expiry of your current membership period you can upgrade your renewing membership. You will be charged the total new membership fee and your new upgraded membership will begin when your current one expires.
All upgrades will be processed as autorenewing memberships. It isn’t possible to upgrade and remain on the Direct Debit or one-off payment types.
You can cancel your automatic renewal by emailing [email protected] anytime before your Membership expiry date. If you pay for your Membership by Direct Debit, email us on [email protected] to cancel it.
If you're not sure what membership you have, log into your members’ area online.
We don't refund memberships in part or full, and won’t retrospectively refund the membership fee once the membership has automatically renewed.
We don't currently offer joint membership but you can share many of your benefits with a guest; entry to our members-only bar, discounts on tickets, access to member’s events and special offers in our restaurants and bars. Members Plus can bring a guest to our exhibitions and up to three guests to our Members' Lounge.
Please note, any benefits available to guests can only be redeemed when the named member is present, so if you think you'll want to visit separately, two individual memberships will suit you better.
If you are a business you might be interested in our Business Membership scheme. If you're a smaller business and this doesn't look like the right fit, please email us on [email protected] and we can look into a group package on individual memberships for you.
Give a year to look forward to with our Gift Membership. They'll have a year to activate it, for 12 months of art, music, film and theatre - all in one gift.
To buy a Gift Membership online please choose which membership level you’d like to gift and click ‘Buy as a gift’. You'll be asked to provide the recipient’s details and a voucher will be created for them, which can be emailed to yourself or them on a chosen date. The voucher can be emailed on the same day, making Gift Membership a perfect last-minute gift! The voucher includes details on how to activate the membership online.
The recipient has 12 months to use the voucher from the date it is sent.
The Members' Lounge is currently closed. We look forward to welcoming you back when the Lounge reopens.
1. We don't refund memberships in part or full, or allow them to be transferred to a different person, subject to any statutory right to cancel. This includes renewed Memberships with a future start date.
2. All memberships will automatically renew at the end of the current Membership, unless there is a payment failure. We include information about this when you sign up, and remind you over email [and in the Guide mailing] before you renew.
You can cancel your automatic renewal by emailing [email protected]uk. You must cancel the automatic renewal before the membership expiry date. We won’t retrospectively refund the membership fee once the membership has automatically renewed.
Memberships paid for by Direct Debit renew automatically each year unless you ask us or your bank to cancel your Direct Debit mandate. If you cancel your Direct Debit membership you won’t be able to rejoin on Direct Debit.
3. Discounted membership tickets for music, theatre and dance are limited in number and subject to availability. Discounted membership tickets for cinema are not subject to availability.
4. Some events at the Barbican won’t have priority booking, a membership discount, and/or waived booking fees.
5. Members get up to two discounted tickets to eligible events, one for themselves and one for a guest. Members can buy up to four more tickets for the event during priority booking, or up to seven more at any other time, but these won’t be discounted. Further restrictions may apply for some events, so please check the individual event page. You’re not guaranteed access to discounted membership tickets if they’ve sold out.
6. Members get one free ticket to the Art Gallery per day. For Members Plus, it's two free tickets to the Art Gallery per day (one for the member and one for a guest). You must show a valid membership card or temporary membership card on entry.
7. You must show your valid membership card or temporary membership card and the credit/debit card used for the booking when collecting tickets in the Centre.
8. Many benefits extend to a guest: places at members’ events, discounted tickets, entrance to the Lounge and free gallery entry for Members Plus. The member must be present for the guest to access these benefits.
9. Members can book up to two tickets to members' events, one for themselves and one for a guest. We may return any extra tickets bought so more members can enjoy our events.
10. We have the right to amend or withdraw any benefits or discounted tickets at any time.
11. We have the right to cancel a membership without refund if you break the terms and conditions of membership, ticket sales or entry.
12. You must show your valid membership or temporary membership card to access benefits in the centre including restaurant and shop discounts and access to the Members’ Lounge. The shop discount applies to selected products and the members' purchased items only.
13. Membership does not guarantee access to the Members' Lounge in the case of the room capacity being reached.
14. The Barbican Centre processes personal data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018. For full details of how and why the Barbican Centre processes personal data, please refer to our full privacy notice.