Discounts and offers
Members get 15% off in our Shop
Our Guide mailings have been temporarily paused. You can access an electronic copy of the Guide below.
Barbican Closure Membership FAQs
Find the answers to our most frequently asked questions about Membership during our closure and partial reopening below. Thank you for your continued support and for being part of the Barbican. You can find our full FAQs and T&Cs underneath this section.
As a Member you can currently access benefits including free entry to the Gallery, paying no booking fees, priority booking and discounts on tickets. You can use your discounts with our partners too, which you can explore in our discounts and offers section.
Once more of the Centre reopens, we’ll be offering free membership extensions, so you can enjoy a full year of benefits. We'll be in touch with more information about this nearer the time.
Members can enjoy free entry to Masculinities. Capacity will be limited so timed tickets must be booked in advance. Don’t worry if you don’t have a valid membership card – you'll only need your ticket to visit. If your membership has expired please renew for free entry.
You can currently join or renew your membership online. This would offer vital financial support for the Barbican during this difficult time, and we would be especially grateful to you for doing so.
You’ll get the most out of your membership by renewing now. Enjoy free entry to Masculinities: Liberation through Photography, no booking fees and other special offers and discounts. We’ll be in touch once more of the Centre opens and you’ll be able to extend your membership, so you can enjoy a full year of benefits.
We’ve temporarily paused the mailing of new and replacement membership cards and packs, but we’ll send them out as soon as we can. Don't worry, you can still access benefits like no booking fees and discounts on tickets without your card by logging into our website. You’ll only need your pre-booked ticket to gain access to Masculinities.
The Members' Lounge is currently closed. We look forward to welcoming you back when we reopen.
Find the answers to our most frequently asked questions and our T&Cs below. You can also explore your membership in your members’ area online. If there's something we've missed or forgotten drop us a line at [email protected] and we'll be happy to help. Please quote your membership number where possible as this helps us resolve your issue more quickly.
We’ve temporarily paused the mailing of new and replacement membership cards and packs, but we’ll send them out as soon as we can. Don't worry, you can still access benefits like no booking fees and discounts on tickets without your card by logging into our website.
Usually, you can expect your membership card and welcome pack to arrive within 2 weeks.
Don’t worry if your card is lost or stolen. You can still access benefits like free Gallery entry, no booking fees and discounts on tickets without your card by logging into our website.
Due to the closure of our building, we’ve temporarily paused the mailing of new and replacement membership cards and packs. We’ll be sending them out as soon as we can when we reopen.
You can use all your membership benefits without a membership card. Free Gallery entry, priority booking, discounts, no booking fees and the ability to book members’ events will apply automatically when you log into our website. If you're booking over the phone or in person, simply quote your membership number. You can get a temporary card at the Tickets and Information Desk in the Centre for discounts in the Shop and restaurants and for entry to the Members’ Lounge.
Members receive regular email updates from us with the latest news from the Barbican, priority booking information for upcoming shows, new members’ events and special offers. We really don’t want you to miss out, but if you're not set up to receive communications from the Barbican, we can’t contact you. It's very easy to miss signing up to our emails when creating an online account, or to accidentally unsubscribe, so it’s worth checking your preferences on our website first.
You can also email us on [email protected] and we’ll get it sorted for you as soon as we can.
To log in to your membership account click here. Alternatively, you can click on the ‘log in’ button at the top right-hand corner of the Barbican website. If you’re not sure of your password, please click the ‘Reset my password' link and use the email address linked to your membership. This will send a link to your inbox where you can set your password and then you should be able to log in.
If you continue to have issues logging in, please get in touch with us on [email protected] and we’ll look into it further. In the meantime, you can book tickets by calling Box Office on 020 7638 8891 or visit the Tickets and Information Desk in the Centre.
How you renew your membership depends on when you bought your membership and what type of membership you have.
If you purchased your membership via Direct Debit it will renew automatically each year and will continue to do so unless you ask us or your bank to cancel your Direct Debit mandate.
If you purchased your membership with a one-off payment you can renew online, call the Box Office on 020 7638 8891 or visit the Tickets and Information Desk before your membership expires. Your new membership will automatically renew each year unless you cancel the autorenewal or there’s a payment failure.
If you purchased your membership after 4 February 2020 it will automatically renew unless the automatic renewal is cancelled or if there’s a payment failure.
If you purchased your membership with a one-off payment it will automatically expire at the end of the membership. If your membership is set up to automatically renew you can switch this off online, by calling Box Office or at the Tickets and Information Desk. If your membership was purchased on Direct Debit you can’t cancel it online, but you can email us on [email protected], call Box Office or visit the Tickets and Information desk.
If you're not sure what membership you have, log into your members’ area online.
How you can upgrade your membership depends on how long you have until your current membership expires.
If you have more than eight weeks before expiry you can upgrade your current membership. You'll be charged a one-off upgrade payment for the difference in price and the new upgraded membership will be active for the remainder of your current membership period.
If you have less than eight weeks before the expiry of your current membership period you can upgrade your renewing membership. You will be charged the total new membership fee and your new upgraded membership will begin when your current one expires.
You can upgrade over the phone or at the Tickets and Information Desk. Please do not try and upgrade online as this will not work.
All upgrades will be processed as autorenewing memberships. It isn’t possible to upgrade and remain on the Direct Debit or one-off payment types.
We don’t currently offer joint membership but you can share many of your benefits with a guest; entry to our members-only bar, discounts on tickets, access to member’s events and special offers in our restaurants and bars. Members Plus can bring a guest to our exhibitions and up to three guests to our Members’ Lounge.
Please note, any benefits available to guests can only be redeemed when the named member is present, so if you think you’ll want to visit separately, two individual memberships will suit you better.
If you are a business you might be interested in our Business Membership scheme. If you’re a smaller business and this doesn’t look like the right fit, please email us on [email protected] and we can look into a group package on individual memberships for you.
To buy a Gift Membership online please choose which membership level you’d like to gift and click ‘Buy as a gift’. You'll be asked to provide the recipient’s details and a voucher will be created for them, which you can have emailed to you or them on a chosen date.
The voucher includes details on how to activate the membership. The recipient will activate the membership themselves online, by calling Box office or at the Ticket and Information Desk. Usually, they'd receive a membership pack in the post within 2 weeks of activating the membership.
If purchasing Gift Membership at the Ticket and Information Desk you can have the voucher printed out and inserted into a Membership Pack to take with you. When these Gift Memberships are activated, only a Membership card will be sent as you will already have given the recipient their pack. You can also send the voucher over email.
Due to the closure of our building, we’ve temporarily paused the mailing of membership cards and packs. We’ll be sending them out as soon as we can when we reopen.
The recipient has 12 months to use the voucher from the date it is sent to the donor or recipient or printed out at the Ticket and Information Desk.
1. We don't refund memberships in part or full, or allow them to be transferred to a different person, subject to any statutory right to cancel.
2. All memberships bought from 4 February 2020 will automatically renew at the end of the current Membership, unless there is a payment failure. We want to make sure members are aware of this, so we make it clear when you’re purchasing your membership and send reminders over email and in the Guide mailing.
If you don’t want your membership to renew automatically, you can switch off ‘automatically renew’ in your membership area, call Box Office or visit the Tickets and Information Desk in the Centre. You must cancel the automatic renewal before the membership expiry date. We won’t retrospectively refund the membership fee once the membership has automatically renewed.
Memberships bought via a one-off payment before 3 February 2020 will automatically expire at the end of the membership period. You can opt into automatic renew in your membership area, by calling Box Office or at the Tickets and Information Desk in the Centre. All memberships renewed from 4 February 2020 will automatically renew.
There are no changes to existing Direct Debit memberships. They'll continue to renew automatically each year unless you ask us or your bank to cancel your Direct Debit mandate. You can’t upgrade or downgrade your membership on Direct Debit, but you can upgrade or downgrade onto our autorenewal membership. If you cancel your Direct Debit membership you won’t be able to rejoin on Direct Debit.
3. Discounted membership tickets for music, theatre and dance are limited in number and subject to availability. Discounted membership tickets for cinema are not subject to availability.
4. Some events at the Barbican won’t have priority booking and/or a membership discount.
5. Members get up to two discounted tickets to eligible events, one for themselves and one for a guest. Members can buy up to four more tickets for the event during priority booking, or up to seven more at any other time, but these won’t be discounted. Further restrictions may apply for some events, so please check the individual event page. You’re not guaranteed access to discounted membership tickets if they’ve sold out.
6. Members get one free ticket to the Art Gallery per day. For Members Plus, it's two free tickets to the Art Gallery per day (one for the member and one for a guest). You must show a valid membership card or temporary membership card on entry.
7. You must show your valid membership card or temporary membership card and the credit/debit card used for the booking when collecting tickets in the Centre.
8. Many benefits extend to a guest: places at members’ events, discounted tickets, entrance to the Lounge and free gallery entry for Members Plus. The member must be present for the guest to access these benefits.
9. Members can book up to two tickets to members' events, one for themselves and one for a guest. We may return any extra tickets bought so more members can enjoy our events.
10. We have the right to amend or withdraw any benefits or discounted tickets at any time.
11. We have the right to cancel a membership without refund if you break the terms and conditions of membership, ticket sales or entry.
12. You must show your valid membership or temporary membership card to access benefits in the centre including restaurant and shop discounts and access to the Members’ Lounge. The shop discount applies to selected products and the members' purchased items only.
13. Membership does not guarantee access to the Members' Lounge in the case of the room capacity being reached.
14. The Barbican Centre processes personal data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018. For full details of how and why the Barbican Centre processes personal data, please refer to our full privacy notice.