£4 booking fee per online/phone transaction.
No fee when tickets are booked in person.
Booking fees are per transaction and not per ticket. If your booking contains several events the highest booking fee will apply. The booking fee may be reduced on certain events. Members do not pay booking fees.
Take a look at the brand new trailer for this stunning stage adaptation of Studio Ghibli's My Neighbour Totoro, featuring the first ever glimpse of the show on film.
Meet the new cast of My Neighbour Totoro in this video documenting the first day of their 2023 rehearsals.
Hear from Puppetry Designer and Director, Basil Twist, in this video about all things puppetry in My Neighbour Totoro.
Visit the My Neighbour Totoro website to take a look behind scenes, including rehearsal photography and videos with the creative team.
Find out what audiences are saying about the Joe Hisaishi and the Royal Shakespeare Company's My Neighbour Totoro in this video.
Feel the buzz around the production on its opening night in this short video.
There are a range of Audio Described, BSL-integrated, Captioned and Relaxed performances across the run.
Sat 16 Dec, 2pm (Touch Tour 12.00 – 12.30pm)
Wed 28 Feb, 7pm (Touch Tour 5.00 – 5.30pm)
Sat 16 Dec, 2pm
Sat 6 Jan, 2pm
Thu 25 Jan, 2pm
Wed 28 Feb, 7pm
Performance with Integrated BSL Interpreter
Friday 9 February, 7pm
Relaxed Performance with Integrated BSL Interpreter (Audio Described & Captioned)
Thu 1 Feb, 2pm (Touch Tour 12.00 – 12.30pm)
Relaxed Performance (Audio Described & Captioned)
Sat 17 Feb, 2pm (Touch Tour 12.00 – 12.30pm)
My Neighbour Totoro Teacher Pack
The activities provided in this pack can be used by teachers either as stand-alone practical approaches to this story or as supporting activities for students seeing the production.
Find out more about Accessible Events at the Barbican.
A Relaxed performance is ideal for those who would benefit from a more informal approach to noise and movement in the auditorium or would feel more at ease knowing they could enter and exit freely. There will be a relaxed performances on 1 and 17 Feb, 2pm.
For this production:
- The house will be opened early to allow you more time to find your seats.
- The Front of House team are briefed on providing a more informal service and relaxing the standards in regard to audience behaviour during the performance.
- Latecomer and re-admittance points will be relaxed to allow people to leave and re-enter the auditorium more freely.
- The house lights will remain slightly raised to during the performance to ensure your safety if you need to move about.
- Auditorium doors will be kept open during the performance to assist you in entering and exiting the theatre during the performance.
- The performers are briefed about Relaxed performances and know that you may need to move around and make noise.
- A quiet chill out space is provided with comfortable seating.
- This production is suitable for babes in arms
- The performance has not been sensory adapted.
Please get in touch with us if you would like to discuss further before making a booking.
Contact the Theatre team at [email protected]