Browse previous exhibitions
Since the Barbican Art Gallery opened in March 1982, our visual arts programme has embraced art, architecture, design, fashion, photography and film. The Art Gallery Archive allows you to look back through the decades to discover past exhibitions and learn more about our programme and its legacy beyond the Barbican.
In partnership with renowned museums and art galleries, many of our exhibitions travel to reach both national and international audiences.
For more information about our future programme and opportunities to collaborate please contact [email protected]
Immunity from Seizure Part 6 of the Tribunals, Courts and Enforcement Act 2007 provides immunity from seizure for cultural objects which are loaned from overseas to temporary public exhibitions in approved museums or galleries in the UK where conditions are met when the object enters the UK.
The conditions are:
- the object is usually kept outside the UK
- the object is not owned by a person who is resident in UK
- the import of the object does not contravene any law
- the object is brought into UK for purpose of a temporary public exhibition at an approved museum or gallery
- the museum or gallery has published information about the object
For further information, please refer directly to the Tribunals, Courts and Enforcement Act 2007 or the DCMS website.