Immunity from Seizure
Part 6 of the Tribunals, Courts and Enforcement Act 2007 provides immunity from seizure for cultural objects which are loaned from overseas to temporary public exhibitions in approved museums or galleries in the UK where conditions are met when the object enters the UK.
The conditions are:
• the object is usually kept outside the UK
• the object is not owned by a person who is resident in UK
• the import of the object does not contravene any law
• the object is brought into UK for purpose of a temporary public exhibition at an approved museum or gallery
• the museum or gallery has published information about the object
The following objects are intended to form part of the forthcoming exhibition:
The World of Charles and Ray Eames
21 Oct–14 Feb 2016
Download a list of loans (pdf)
For further information, please refer directly to theTribunals, Courts and Enforcement Act 2007 or the DCMS website.
Download a copy of our Due Diligence Policy (pdf)
The Barbican presents major exhibitions by leading international figures in the heart of the City of London.