In an extract from Vanessa Winship: And Time Folds exhibition catalogue, photography historian David Chandler reflects on Winship’s Henri Cartier-Bresson Foundation award-winning body of work: 'she dances on Jackson'.
We look back through the life and work of pioneering documentary photographer and visual activist, Dorothea Lange (1895-1965) to coincide with the first UK retrospective of her work, Dorothea Lange: Politics of Seeing.
Assistant curator Jilke Golbach unpacks the story behind Dorothea Lange’s ‘Migrant Mother’ photograph.
Assistant curator Thomas Kennedy unpacks the stories behind three of Vanessa Winship’s photographs.
About the photographers
We take a closer look at Dorothea Lange's exhibition, Politics of Seeing.
We take a closer look at Vanessa Winship's exhibition, And Time Folds
Watch the trailer
Meet the photographer behind one of the most iconic images of the twentieth century, Dorothea Lange.
Exhibition Ticket and a Drink
Keep your cool with our Summer exhibition ticket offer
Book online, entering code 54321 at the checkout, and pay just £14 to gain entry to our summer exhibitions and enjoy a chilled drink on the Barbican Lakeside.
Includes exhibition tickets to Dorothea Lange: Politics of Seeing and Vanessa Winship: And Time Folds (normally £13.50 for a standard ticket), as well as a chilled drink.
Drinks include: iced latte, iced americano, iced tea, any soft drink
Valid Monday – Friday, until Fri 31 Aug.
- Offer subject to availability and ticket allows same day entry to both exhibitions
- Customer must enter promo code 54321 at checkout online.
- Offer also includes one iced coffee, iced tea or soft drink and can be redeemed using a voucher (collectable from Art Gallery ticket desk on entry to the exhibition).
- Drink can be redeemed at Benugo Kitchen or any Benugo café at Barbican.
- Offer includes August Bank Holiday (Mon 27 Aug).
A downloadable teaching resource is available for teachers planning visits to the exhibition.
A special school group rate applies to all school groups of 10 or more:
- Secondary and sixth form (up to age 19): £3 per student
- Students under 14 years: free
For bookings and enquiries please contact the school groups booking line:
Tel: 020 7382 7211 (Mon–Fri 10am–5pm)