Frequently asked questions
There are 3 easy ways to join:Join online
Join by calling the Box Office on 0845 121 6823
Visit the Advance Tickets desk (Silk Street entrance)
You can renew or upgrade online
, by calling the Box Office on 0845 121 6823, or by visiting the Box Office in person.
Gift Membership is the ideal present for arts lovers. Your recipient will receive a welcome pack notifying you as the donor and will enjoy a whole year of benefits, discounts and privileges for the Membership level you have chosen for them. You can purchase Gift Membership online
, by calling the Box Office on 0845 121 6823 or visit the Advance Tickets desk (Silk Street entrance).
Please allow 21 days from renewal / valid from date for your Membership card to arrive in the post (21 days from purchase date for Gift Membership).
You can use your Membership number immediately to obtain discounts and benefits before your card arrives. To enjoy benefits in the centre, such as 15% off in our restaurants and bars, new Members can simply print off the temporary Membership card that appears on your confirmation page (if purchased online). Renewing Members and for purchases made over the phone, the box office can print a temporary proof of Membership for you the next time you visit the centre.
If your Membership card is lost or stolen, please call the Box Office on 0845 121 6823 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
to request a replacement. Your replacement card will arrive within 21 days.
When booking online, simply log in to the Barbican website using your unique Membership number. All selected seats will be set at Standard price. To apply your Membership discount, reset the standard price drop down and then select the required amount of discounted tickets from the relevant drop down (subject to availability). If discounts are unavailable, or if you are not logged-in to your Membership account, they will be greyed out.
When booking through the Box Office either by phone or in person, simply quote your Membership number to a member of the Box Office team to obtain your discounts.
As an Orange or Red Member, you can enjoy invites to exclusive Members' events throughout the year. These include private film screenings, drinks receptions, private views in Barbican Art Gallery, open rehearsals and more. Look out for information on upcoming events in your monthly Barbican Guide Members' letter, Members' e-updates or on the Members' events page
. Many events are free to attend.
Members can bring one accompanying guest to events, unless otherwise stated.
The Red Room is open to Red Members between 5-11pm (Mon - Sat) and 5-9pm (Sun).
Please ensure that you use the correct Membership number that appears at the top or your monthly Barbican Guide Members' letter, top right hand corner of your Members' email or on your current Membership card. If you experience difficulties logging in or obtaining discounts online, please call the Box Office on 0845 121 6823.
You can chose to upgrade to Orange or Red Membership at any time. If you choose to upgrade at renewal time (up to two months prior to your expiry date), you will simply be charged the total new Membership fee and your new Membership will begin when your current Membership expires. If you choose to upgrade at any other time during your Membership, (e.g. more than 2 months before expiry), you will be charged a one-off upgrade payment which can me be made by credit card or by Direct Debit.
Membership terms & conditions
1. Any tickets discounted as part of the Membership scheme are limited to two discounted tickets per performance, and are solely for the use of the Member plus one guest, unless otherwise stated. Any further tickets must be purchased at the standard price, up to a total of 9 tickets per performance (this is also valid during any priority booking period). Bookings of 10+ tickets must be purchased by calling the Group Booking line.
2. Tickets discounted as part of the scheme may be limited in number and subject to availability.
3. Not all performances at the Barbican are eligible for a Membership discount.
4. A valid Membership card must be presented when collecting tickets together with any credit/debit card that may have been used for any paid element of the booking. The Box Office can print off temporary proof of Membership if the card is lost or stolen, or if the Membership card has not yet arrived.
5. Barbican Memberships can only be registered to a single account holder. Membership cards can only bear the name of the account holder and are issued for the account holder's sole use.
6. The Barbican has the right to withdraw discounted tickets at any time.
7. The Barbican has the right to cancel a Membership without refund if the terms and conditions of sale and Membership scheme are broken.
8. All data given will be used in accordance with the 1998 Data Protection Act.
9. Standard terms and conditions
of sale also apply to all bookings.