1. freeB membership is open to anyone aged 16-25 years. Once you are 26 your membership will expire.
2. Any tickets discounted as part of this scheme are solely for the use of the registered user plus one guest. By registering for the scheme you agree that you are aged 16-25, and that any ticket discounted as part of the scheme is for your sole use plus one guest where appropriate.
3. Failure to collect freeB tickets booked as part of the scheme on 2 or more occasions will result in cancellation of freeB membership and associated benefits.
4. Tickets discounted as part of the scheme are limited in number and subject to availability - it is always best to book early to avoid disappointment.
5. Tickets available as part of the scheme are limited to two discounted tickets per performance, one of which must be used by the person registered as a freeB member.
6. Not all performances at the Barbican are eligible for the scheme. Details of performances available will be listed on our website at http://www.barbican.org.uk/freeb/ and may be communicated to you.
7. Discounted theatre, dance, film and music tickets which are part of the scheme can only be booked online at http://www.barbican.org.uk/freeb/ or via the main Barbican website at http://barbican.org.uk/. Discounted tickets as part of the scheme cannot be booked or reserved by telephone, unless specified on the event webpage.
After joining, freeB members can log-in and browse events online to see where free tickets are available, and select up to two free tickets for each performance. If you have logged-in, and freeB tickets are available, they will be shown on the online seating plan shaded black and called 'free'. You should then book your freeB tickets online by following the instructions and you will not have to make any payment unless you have added non-freeB tickets to your basket. If you are logged-in and cannot see black freeB tickets for a performance in the online seating plan, freeB tickets may not be available and you may need to select a different performance date.
8. Discounted tickets and any additonal tickets paid for in the same booking will be held for collection at the venue . Tickets will only be available for collection at the relevant performance desk 90 minutes prior to the performance (30 mins for cinema). Tickets cannot be posted.
9. A valid ID as proof of age must be presented when collecting tickets together with any credit/debit card that may have been used for any paid element of the booking.
10. Discounted tickets (subject to availability) will normally remain available for booking online up to 48 hours before the performance. After this time any unsold discounted tickets may be released for general sale. The Barbican has the right to withdraw discounted tickets at any time.
11. The Barbican reserves the right to ask for proof of age when tickets are collected. Please carry relevant identification with you when attending a performance.
12. In the event that proof of age cannot be produced or verified any discounted tickets will be cancelled and will result in cancellation of registration and associated benefits.
13. Free tickets booked as part of the scheme that remain uncollected 1 hour before the performance start (30 mins for cinema tickets) will be cancelled and made available for general sale. Any additional tickets which have been booked but have a monetary value will not be cancelled and standard terms and conditions of sale will apply to such tickets.
14. By registering for the scheme you are agreeing to being contacted by email by the Barbican for marketing purposes. All freeB members must agree to being contacted by e-mail for freeB offers and promotions. freeB members can choose to opt-out of receiving freeB e-mails by selecting the 'stop receiving freeB e-mails' link in all freeB e-mails or by clicking here, however, selecting to opt-out of freeB communications will also result in your freeB membership being cancelled.
15. All data given will be used in accordance with the 1998 Data Protection Act.
16. Free tickets obtained as part of the scheme cannot be exchanged and our standard terms and conditions in relation to exchanges do not apply to such tickets.
17. No equivalent monetary value is available for free tickets issued as a benefit of registering for freeB membership.
18. Standard terms and conditions of sale also apply to all bookings